Enjoy a simple yet delicious meal of thinly sliced pork belly over steaming rice.
[2 Servings, 30 Minutes or Less, Easy to Make]
Indulge in this quick and easy recipe for thinly sliced pork belly over rice, a dish that's sure to satisfy. Perfect for those days when you're craving something both sweet and savory, this recipe combines the rich flavors of pork belly with the subtle sweetness of sugar and the depth of soy sauce, creating a delightful balance that pairs wonderfully with a bowl of hot rice.
- Thinly sliced pork belly, 400g (our Thin Cut Premium Pork Belly works well)
- Green onions, 2 stalks
- Sugar, 2 tablespoons
- Flavored or regular soy sauce, 4 tablespoons
- Place the thinly sliced pork belly in a large pan.
- Cut the green onions into large pieces and set aside.
- Stir-fry the pork belly on high heat until it is evenly cooked, but not yet browned
- Add the green onions and continue stir-frying on high heat.
- Once the pork belly is golden brown, reduce to medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and stir-fry.
- Keep the heat at medium to prevent the sugar from burning and to add a glossy look to the pork.
- Add 4 tablespoons of soy sauce and continue stir-frying. Adjust the amount of soy sauce to taste.
- Once the pork belly is well-coated with the soy sauce, it is ready to be served.
- Serve the pork belly over a bowl of warm rice to complete your dish.
- For the best texture, aim for a slightly crispy pork belly.
- After adding sugar and soy sauce, stir-fry on medium or low heat to prevent burning.
- You can also add sliced chili peppers or garlic for extra flavor.