Delicious and easy zucchini stir-fry, perfect for both kids and adults.
[3 Servings, 15 Minutes or Less, Easy to Make]
Longer Description: This Zucchini Stir-Fry with Shrimp Paste is an incredibly simple yet flavorful dish. It's an excellent example of how a few ingredients can elevate the natural sweetness of zucchini, making it a favorite among kids and a quick side dish for adults. The key to this recipe is the use of shrimp paste, which adds a unique umami flavor, and perilla oil, enhancing the overall taste. It's a versatile dish that complements any main course and is especially good for those days when you need something quick and satisfying.
- Zucchini, 1
- Onion, 1/2
- Perilla Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Fermented Shrimp Paste, 1 tablespoon
- Minced Garlic, 1/2 tablespoon
- Whole Sesame Seeds, a small amount
- Clean the zucchini thoroughly and slice it into half-moon shapes about 1/4 inch thick.
- Julienne the onion.
- Heat perilla oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the onion and zucchini over high heat (to maintain the zucchini’s green color).
- Add the fermented shrimp paste and minced garlic to the pan and continue to stir-fry. The zucchini will cook quickly and retain a crunchy texture.
- To preserve the vibrant green color, spread the stir-fried zucchini on a wide plate or tray and let it cool down in a cool area. Leaving it in the hot pan can change its color.
- Sprinkle with whole sesame seeds to finish.
Notes: This dish is a great way to introduce more vegetables into your diet. The shrimp paste adds depth to the flavor without overpowering the natural taste of the zucchini. Serve it warm as a side dish or as part of a larger meal.